Adding API to my Aer Lingus booking - keeps failing

emeralds

I am heading to the USA at the end of the month. I have been trying (and failing) to add the Advanced Passenger Information to my booking. I complete the required fields and request it to save - am getting the message 'Oops - we couldn't add this data'.

Think I will lose the will to live if I have to call Aer Lingus - does anyone have any idea what may be the problem?

Askaboutmoney is now moving into the area of debugging website errors! :)

Doubtful you're going to be able to sort the issue yourself as it sounds like internal web site error. Are you sure you didn't letters on date of birth field or something like that? You could try opening the developer tools console on browser by pressing F12 and look for any errors there. Unless you're a web developer it's unlikely they'll make any sense though.

Onto the phone....

Last edited:
I think once you've got an up-to-date valid API visa there should not be a problem. You just check in as normal at the Aer Lingus desk using your passport and their system will check the API status.

Ask your question on their Facebook page and you should get an answer fairly quickly.

Emailed them last night and got a reply asking for further info so they could direct my query to the proper support area. Included in their reply was a link to their old website and I used that to upload the API. Worked perfectly. I think their new website must be having a lot of teething troubles!
And yes ESTA also done and printed out.

Back