Accommodation in Kinsale?

suzie

Hi there,

can anybody suggest a place to stay in kinsale which is close to Acton's Hotel? Going to a wedding there this summer.

Thanks

S.

http://www.gallerybnb.com/

The gallery is consistently good. Ask for a room at the top of the house, it is 5 mins walk from Actons if even - right in the centre of town. It isn't cheap though, no where is in Kinsale.

Warning, the Sovereigns cup is on in Kinsale the week of June 20-25 and accomodation is hard to find.

I notice that Acton's Hotel itself are having a special offer through Pigs Back. However having stayed in this hotel in the past you need to make sure that you get a room to the front of the hotel. At the back there is a narrow roadway/laneway that magnifies any sound. Even the voices of people walking along this lane can be heard clearly in the rooms at the back of the hotel.

We went to a wedding reception in Actons last year and we stayed in 'The old Presbetery' ... it was lovely. The breakfast was superb, the accomodation was charming and it was walking distance from the local churches and Actons. Another advantage was off street parking ... when you see the narrow streets of Kinsale you will apprecitate it.

www.oldpres.com

Try the Trident Hotel. Very nice and lovely food.

Just saw the ad for Denny with the lady in Kinsale ... she looks like she makes a mean cup of tea ... maybe you could give her a ring :)

Just been to Kinsale recently. I stayed in a dive, the name wasn't worth remembering. The Trident looked good, we had a lovely dinner there and only 2 minutes from Acton. The b&bs are really overpriced and most in serious need of an overhaul. Also they were digging the roads up a few weeks ago and our host in the b&b was nice enough to introduce us to the rat catcher resident, who I'd just been stroking!

Beware of the Trident. One side had a nightclub/function room which our room was directly over (not necessarily a bad thing considering you'll be at a wedding) but above all, don't book a room over the swimming pool - you could fry an egg on the floor of the room it was that hot!!

Back