A certain well-known brand of Razor blades

Setanta12

These are amongst the most expensive on the market, and admittedly perhaps I should change/exchange them more frequently - but has anyone else noticed that they're deliberately designed to self-destruct after 'x' number of shaves?

There's a little line/indent where the head fits into the handle which weakens over time and eventually literally 'flies off the handle' !

Some months ago, I bought a pack of 5+3 added free but they were all weakened from the outset and lasted maybe max 10-days; I complained to the company and got a refund.

I don't mind, I will keep using their blades but what other products out there have a set-failure date or purposely set up (i.e. an extra effort during manufacture) to fail after a certain time ?

I don't use them anymore, I get very good ones in Lidl for much less.
They only have a lifespan as well, particularly if you only shave every few days.

get very good ones in Lidl

moved to lidl brand also (double blade ones not the triple blade) - huge difference in price to the "named" brands, lasts longer. Once you use a good shave gel / foam ... razor does it's job just as good...

I stopped buying Philips electric razors and switched to Braun... the quality of the Philips ones had gone downhill rapidly, seemed designed to be flimsy and last only 2-3 years. I don't just mean in terms of being able to replace the heads, the whole device was flimsy.

I have been using the Lidl (double) blades as well. about €6 - €7 euro for 20 blades. I change blade about every 7 days, or 5 if I'm feeling really flush and reckless!
I use a brush and soap, which in my mind is way ahead of gels or foam in softening the hairs. That is what gives a good shave, not having vibrating 5-blade expensive razors.

I stopped buying Philips electric razors and switched to Braun... the quality of the Philips ones had gone downhill rapidly, seemed designed to be flimsy and last only 2-3 years. I don't just mean in terms of being able to replace the heads, the whole device was flimsy.

Philips shut down and outsourced all their manufacturing a number of years ago, their quality has gone down hill since.

Back