5k threshold for non paye income from State Savings-fill in form 11?

buzybee

I have the 10 year National Solidarity Bonds from the post office. I put in a certain amount annually and then I encash the bonds 10 years later. The DIRT tax on the interest is automatically deducted by the post office.

Next year 2025, my 10 year bonds becoming due for encashment will yield an interest amount of 5,500 euros..

As the DIRT tax is subtracted from the interest, and the 5,500 interest is a result of having the bond invested for 10 years, do I still need to fill out the Form 11 as I have over 5,000 euros non paye income?

If I thought I would have to fill out a form, then I would encash a bond this year so I am under the 5,000 for next year. I find filling in online forms messy as I am never sure I am doing it right. I would print, fill out and post a form in this instance.

Do I still need to fill out a form if I have 5,500 euros income in one year from the 10 year national solidarity bond?

Do I still have to declare to Revenue (fill out Form 11 for unearned income) if I earn over 5,000 euros in a year from cashing in the 10 year national solidarity bonds?

Do I still have to declare to Revenue (fill out Form 11 for unearned income) if I earn over 5,000 euros in a year from cashing in the 10 year national solidarity bonds?
No. It's not taxable income.

There should be no DIRT deducted either by the way.

Back