40 Ft Container of goods from S.Africa;USA;South America

shipibo

A Chairde,

Friend of mine is looking to ship in a 40 Foot Container of goods from either S. Africa, USA or South America.

Can you recomend cheap ways of shipping, tax advice and shipping companies......

Two shipping companies I've dealt with in past are Expeditors and Panalpina, both are worldwide companies with branches in Ireland. I would imagine that shipping charges from US are likely to be cheapest of the options mentioned.
You could give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Ask for a price for consolidated shipping. I can also recommend Expeditors.

Apologies for delay,

Rang Expeditors, do not do cars (Insurance, if cars have fuel and blow up !!) , but full container from Florida - Dublin is 3500 eur.

Motor Custom clearance cover duty / tax paperwork ; 80 per car

Rang ITS (8906600), 40 FT. of cars would cost 4K USD, and local charges .. Warehouse, Unloading , Custom Clearance about 1K EUR, you must organise to take container from docks, and get your distro to load container.

NY have roll on-off ferry , suppose to be much cheaper for ferrying from US-Ireland..

If you importing a car you may have a lot of 'wasted' space in the conatiner and pay a full TEU load.

Most companies will charge a CBM ( cube meter) rate for smaller shipments and be warned as this can vary wildly.

Do not go for the first quote do not go with the quote the exporter is organising for you - this will almost certainly be marked up. Look after your own shipping and FOB it to the nearest port.

A lot of Irish companies have containers going weekly consolidated.

BM

Nice One Brian,

Was told by ITS they do not do autos in consolidated conatiners, so will keep you up to date

Back