3 day week - advice please?

GBG

Just looking for some advice, myself and collegue have been placed on a 3 day week. My salary was € 25,000 his € 30,000. He is getting social welfare of just over € 100 a week, I am getting € 81,70 per week. Both of us have been in full time employment paying PRSI for the last 15 years.

Also am I entitled to any additional morgage interest relief?

Any thoughts, what should I be getting, (status, married, no kids).

Cheers

GBG

The only reason there should be a difference between his and your SW is if he was also claiming for a qualifying adult or qualifying child? The diffence in your salary wouldn't affect the rate you are paid. You submit your claim Mortgage Interest Relief with your Community Welfare Officer, the form is on-line and the places they hold their clinics on welfare.ie, you need to have the form completed by your Lender and go along with it and the form you received from SW confirming you are in receipt of JA.

Regarding Mortgage Interest Supplement, if you or your spouse are working more than 29 hours per week, you will not qualify regardless of your income (you didn't mention whether your spouse is working or not).

Earnings from the relevant tax year (at the moment it's 2007) can affect the amount of Jobseeker's Benefit you're entitled to, have a look at the earnings bands here -

Rates of payment - Jobseeker Supports

it may be that the Social Welfare offices have calculated differently

colleagues payment of € 102.15 is based on 3 days out of 6 whereas your payment was calculated as € 81.72 based on 2 days out of 5

There are six people in my company claiming 3 days and half are getting the €102.15 and half € 81.72

Back