3/4 days JB where days unknown

P

PMA

Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker and finding it hard to believe my first post is about Jobseekers benefit.

My husband is being made redundant. Has almost 6 years fulltime employment behind him.

Luckily he has the offer of work but the days may vary week to week. 2 days here 3 days there depending on the work.

Can anybody advise me how this works when he is claiming for the days he is not working when he wont know far in advance how many days per week he will be working?

Also he is being paid for the month of June but is leaving work straight away so can he not claim until he gets his P45? They will try to get him off the books mid June but still give him the months salary.

Please advise if I could improve title I wasnt sure how to condense it to make sense.

Thanks for reading

PMA

(Positive Mental Attitude, gotta keep the chin up!)

He should claim from the first day after that which will be shown as 'date of leaving' on his P45; in other words the frist day his employer is not paying im for. He will self-certify weekly, putting an O in the days he worked and X in the days he's unemployed on a form with boxes for each day. This is done in arrears so he'll know his work pattern. This will all be explained to him when he claims.

Back