3/4 Acre in Commuter belt - how best to sell?

Bubblebunny

My grandfather has recently passed away leaving a house on approx .75 of an acre within 10 miles of Cork City.
The house is in need of modernisation. Whoever buys the property would probably knock the house and build from scratch.
I feel that whoever buys the site will probably apply for planning permission for at least 2 houses, if not more. there is a group water scheme there. My query is really, how can the family best sell the land to ensure they get the optimum profit rather than a developer/buyer making all the profit. None of the family would have experience in this type of dealing. Any advise would be most welcome.

if you want to profit from the land then sell it as such via local estate agent.
if you want to make the "potential" profit that a developer may make from obtaining planning, developing and selling multiple homes on the site then hire an architect, engineer, builder, ...... and sell the homes at maximum profit with much higher risk at some variable point in the future .....

to be honest i'm not sure what you mean !

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in what I was asking (maybe because I'm not too sure myself!). I just guess if we sell it as a single house on a site the way it is at the moment, we will not get the same money for it as if we, for example, put in an application for outline planning permission for the other half of the site? I am just looking for ideas really.

Why don't you apply for PP for 2 additional houses on the site yourselves and then sell. At the moment the house would only sell for the value of the house, hoever if you and the family got together and applied for planning permission on the land surrounding the site, you would then get a better price...

Back