1st buyer status changed if buy abroad?

monkeyboy

Hi

My bro has bought a place in Liverpool.
Does this affect 1st time buyer status at home?

thanks
MB

How does this affect you if youa re a resident in a forigen country and have a home -then relocate back to ireland. Same thing..?

doogan said:
How does this affect you if youa re a resident in a forigen country and have a home -then relocate back to ireland. Same thing..?

Yes, according to the [broken link removed].

Thanks.

Would he be liable to any taxes selling and lodging money to his Irish acc. ( Irish taxes, not UK cgt or the like )ie. bringing the money back into Ireland.?

As I am guarantor we plan to split any profits made in time. Is there a certain amount that can be passed on tax free between siblings?

Thanks again

monkeyboy said:
Would he be liable to any taxes selling and lodging money to his Irish acc. ( Irish taxes, not UK cgt or the like )ie. bringing the money back into Ireland.?

No, I don't think so.

moneyboy said:
As I am guarantor we plan to split any profits made in time. Is there a certain amount that can be passed on tax free between siblings?

He can gift you €3,000 per annum without any tax implications AFAIA (if I have interepreted the CAT legislation correctly), otherwise the lifetime threshold is €47,815 for transfers between siblings.

You really should be receiving professional advice on the issues raised in this thread from either your solicitor or a tax advisor.

Thanks Ccocvich, its early days yet have no intention of selling for a long time and as such all could have changed over such a time.

Although he's not a FTB any more you have to ask how the Revenue would know? If he bought abroad and took out the mortgage through a British bank chances are he could get away with maintaining his FTB status here. But chances are the Revenue will start investigating this whole area in a few years time as fraud is so widespread

aaa1 said:
Although he's not a FTB any more you have to ask how the Revenue would know? If he bought abroad and took out the mortgage through a British bank chances are he could get away with maintaining his FTB status here. But chances are the Revenue will start investigating this whole area in a few years time as fraud is so widespread

By the same token I could open an offshore bank account to hide any money I make in my business that takes in a lot of cash and so avoid paying tax on it. The Revenue will never think to look into that sort of thing ........

Tax evasion is a completely false economy that should be self evident to anyone with a brain in their head.

Back