16 Kings Inn Street, Dublin 1 - Opinions about this apartment block Please

Rachs

Hello All,

I am looking for a one bed in the city centre and viewed an apartment in 16 Kings Inn Street at the weekend.

I really liked the apartment - it looked on to a glass covered atrium. My question is does anyone know about this apartment block, what's it like to live in. Also I would like some opinions on the area - it's just off Parnell Street, is it very dodgy?

Thanks in advance

Re: 16 Kings Inn Street, Dublin 1 - Opinions Please

I lived in the block beside it for about a year and moved out after a horrible incident occured in the council flats at the side of Henrietta street. If your apartment opens out onto Bolton street and your entrance is there it will probably be fine. I found the area to be extremely rough, but my apartment backed onto Henrietta Place. In the course of the year I probably rang the police maybe 20 or more times over various incidences, varying from cars getting broken into (a regular occurence every weekend, in the end I didn't even bother ringing in about them) to general anti-social behaviour. That lane seems to be used by a lot of young kids who rove around in gangs early Sat and Sun morning roaring their heads off. Also a lot of wino's seem to congragate there. I eventually moved out after a horrific incident occured in the council flats.

For love or money I wouldn't move back to that area. Although saying that, if your apartment faces to the front you will be oblivious to it all and would be fine.

Re: 16 Kings Inn Street, Dublin 1 - Opinions Please

It is a safety issue and it isn't safe in that area to walk at night IMO.

I live in the block and I find the area fine at night. There are always people about and you see Gardai on the beat quite often. I've been here two years and no trouble so far.

I lived in this block for over 3 years and would recommend it. Loved the location and never had any issue. Overall the complex was very well maintaned, would always see caretaker vacuuming etc. My apartment did face to the front, high floor so it was nice to have the balcony as an option (don't have that now and I miss it). Of course the northside is always going to be a little rough around the edges but with inner city living you are always going to get that unless you move out to the suburbs. I guess it's a trade off.

Back