1 company two different areas

Ron Burgundy

Hi,

I work as a dj and that is through a sole trader.

Now i am starting a seperate dj service which i will run through a limited company.

I also want to provide another service which i was wondering can i have as part of the limited company, as a division you might say ???

abc limited trading as blah

and

abc limited trading as buff

can this be done under within the same limited company ????

IMHO you should only have the LTD (for tons of reasons) and issue all your invoices from that legal entity. The only reason that you may need to have a number of companies is that you have other partners with you that they only work for specific tasks. Well... another reason is that if you want to float one of your companies to the stock market or get investment but I'm not sure if you're looking for something like that.

In addition, you don't need to say that you're trading as ... "some Ltd". You can do a number of related tasks from your one Ltd and according to the articles of association of your Ltd... I assume your accountant (if he's good) will be able to help you with these questions.

all over my head.......i can make money and not understand the ways behind it:confused:

I will keep my sole trader as it suits me for tax and vat reasons. This will be only for my dj work.

The other areas i don't mind being together and just want one company (LTD) to cover both. They are services that are not related at all but i would like them to be under one umbrella and i'll pay myself one salary and oen tax/vat bill.

all over my head.......i can make money and not understand the ways behind it:confused:

I will keep my sole trader as it suits me for tax and vat reasons. This will be only for my dj work.

The other areas i don't mind being together and just want one company (LTD) to cover both. They are services that are not related at all but i would like them to be under one umbrella and i'll pay myself one salary and oen tax/vat bill.
I'm not sure if that can be done. When you register a company you are required to give a NACE code, which specifies the area of business the company will operate. You can't have more than one of these for a company.

Then get professional advice.

I'm not sure if that can be done. When you register a company you are required to give a NACE code, which specifies the area of business the company will operate. You can't have more than one of these for a company.
There is nothing to stop a limited company operating two or more separate businesses once the company's memorandum and articles are framed or amended to permit this.

Back