€6.10 for a pint of guinness

Z

z106

I was in gogartys last night in temple bar and they were charging €6.10 for a pint of guinness.

Is this a record?

Presumably lager was touching the 7 mark.

Good job this price freeze was brought in.

:rolleyes:And they wonder why people are drinking in the house and abandoning the pubs.

I've noticed naggins of vodka in the handbag and pocket making a swift return to Dublin pubs too. Nearly all my nieces friends bring a bottle out with them in their handbags and just order cokes.

If we can get to a 25% unemployment rate then maybe we can put an end to this kind of pricing.

I've noticed naggins of vodka in the handbag and pocket making a swift return to Dublin pubs too. Nearly all my nieces friends bring a bottle out with them in their handbags and just order cokes.

Arent cokes free at the moment for "designated drivers"

I was at the dogs last Friday night for a Xmas night out. A pint of lager was €4.00 and a glass of lager was €3.10. we queried the difference adnw ere told that the pint was 'averaged' downwards to compete with local bars who had lager at that price. Presumably the half-pint was 'averaged upwards' to compensate for this!

I was at the dogs last Friday night for a Xmas night out. A pint of lager was €4.00 and a glass of lager was €3.10. we queried the difference adnw ere told that the pint was 'averaged' downwards to compete with local bars who had lager at that price. Presumably the half-pint was 'averaged upwards' to compensate for this!

Thats ridiculous. So it costs a third as much to drink your beer from a glass instead of a pint.

Wonder do they get many 'Pint of lager and 2 glasses please'?

Thats ridiculous. So it costs a third as much to drink your beer from a glass instead of a pint.

Wonder do they get many 'Pint of lager and 2 glasses please'?

Theyn have a nice little trick whereas they take your orders at the table and leave the bill until the end of your night. Of course, as non-regular customers, we knew nothing of this. The 'regulars' went to the bar to buy their rounds, no doubt asking for 2 empty half-pint glasses (plastic by the way).

Back