The Ciaran Maguire Group - Flash Developments

• Thread starter OverseasCafe
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OverseasCafe

Hi, quick query. This is actually a crossover from the Overseas Property section of the forum.

There is a guy called Ciarán Maguire who is promoting a development called the Palm View Resort in Boa Vista, Cape Verde.

His company, Flash Developments, claims to be a big noise in the Irish property industry since 1988, but nobody in the overseas section has ever come across him before.

We're just wondering has anyone ever come across him in his Irish dealings before?

This is the thread in the overseas section of AAM and you'll find a collation of a number of sources of information at the bottom of this blog.

I don't think he has heard of the global financial crisis yet, or dosen't seem to care. He is starting an airline to fly people there next year.

Excellent craic...great entertainment. His web site is very funny, the brushed over 747's, his rules of investing (knicked from Mr. Buffet).

You would think his auld fella would know better!

The video at the start is especially good, where they are all looking "flash" and ever so busy.

I expected Ciaran to start singing "Gold - always believe in your soul" at any moment.

The video at the start is especially good, where they are all looking "flash" and ever so busy.

I expected Ciaran to start singing "Gold - always believe in your soul" at any moment.

Haaaaaaaa, I had the exact same thought in my head. Quality song.

We put a number of questions about this development to the Ciaran Maguire Group. They haven't answered them yet, but we've put the list of queries on our blog. If we do eventually get answers we'll put them there as well.

We put a number of questions about this development to the Ciaran Maguire Group. They haven't answered them yet, but we've put the list of queries on our blog. If we do eventually get answers we'll put them there as well.

Now I don't think he would have time to answer all of them! He seems way to busy.

Great list of questions....

The fact that the website is now totally different - all the photos are gone, the pop video is gone(shame) is very strange indeed.

I would be surprised if any answers are forthcoming.

There has been a reply of sorts from the Ciaran Maguire Group, aka Flash Developments. We've put it on the blog for anyone that wants to read it.

The key to this whole project is the 'costal' road which will be built by 2010

Only if CMG owns the land in Curral Velho and has permission to build on it. Otherwise a road, or lack thereof, will make no difference whatsoever.

Unfortunately the ownership of the land in Curral Velho is something which CMG has not been able to prove. All they have provided is a verification that they have submitted a proposal to the CV government for what they would do with a 150ha tract of land if it were to be sold to them. This in no way intimates that they will actually get it or that they have the financial wherewithal to build anything on it even if they do get the go ahead.

Cape Verde firm facing a wind-up petition

AN Irish company that's behind the development of a €2.2bn seven-star resort in Cape Verde is being threatened with a winding up petition from one of its creditors.

The Irish office of recruitment giant Hays yesterday confirmed its winding up petition against Flash Developments is listed to be heard by the High Court on March 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back