LPG Bulk tank.

hayabusa

Hi
Please confirm if any of you has done this.
Installing Gas boiler in my house, Actually LPG as I am nowhere near a natural gas supply.
Has anyone used a bulk LPG tank.
There appears to be a lot of regulations on where to locate the tank, secured within a mesh area etc etc,
Has anyone done this. Appears to be a lot of work initially, is it better than oil.
PS -- I will be running UFH throughout the house on this heating system. Approx 3500 sq feet.

Confused.

Hi
Please confirm if any of you has done this.
Installing Gas boiler in my house, Actually LPG as I am nowhere near a natural gas supply.
Has anyone used a bulk LPG tank.
There appears to be a lot of regulations on where to locate the tank, secured within a mesh area etc etc,
Has anyone done this. Appears to be a lot of work initially, is it better than oil.
PS -- I will be running UFH throughout the house on this heating system. Approx 3500 sq feet.

Confused.

Well if your running UFH then gas is a better option than oil. A good condensing gas boiler will modulate to the heat load required in a house where as the majority of domestic oil boilers dont modulate. they are either on (100% ) or Off (0%).

UFH should be left on contstantly in the heating season and the stats should be adjusted to suit the required tempreture, a modulating boiler matchs this scenario far better than a non modulating.

My tuppence worth.

Some of the more snazzy gas boilers now, not only modulate to demand, but some carry functions for UFCH so there is no loss in mixing valves

Do you know what you will be charged for LPG ?

The last time I asked Flogas they were charging around Euro 1.03 / litre Incl VAT

A litre of LPG has a little over 7 kWhr of heat

Using LPG in a condensing boiler ( say 90% efficient ) will give you heat at a cost of around 16c per kWhr

This is much more expensive than heat derived from heating oil and is almost as expensive as electricity

LPG is much less expensive than this in the UK

What price for LPG are others being quoted ?

Back