Cancellation Charge on MBNA Credit Card?

D

donamore

Hi there,
I am in the middle of cancelling my credit card and MBNA has charged Euro30 to the account balance stating that this is due to regulations ?

Is this true and are these regulation Irish or U.K. ?

I find it hard to believe that I have to pay to cancel my card. I was already paying for the "privelige" to have one.

Hi there,
I am in the middle of cancelling my credit card and MBNA has charged Euro30 to the account balance stating that this is due to regulations ?

Is this true and are these regulation Irish or U.K. ?
Irish credit card stamp duty:

[broken link removed]

If you are switching to another credit card then you can avoid paying this charge on the double in a single credit card SD tax year.
I find it hard to believe that I have to pay to cancel my card. I was already paying for the "privelige" to have one.
What were you already paying just to have one!?

I was paying the government levy each year for this CC. Already paid 2008 levy I believe and now I have to fork out another 30 euro to cancel my CC ?

Reason for cancelling : to high of interest rate...

I was paying the government levy each year for this CC. Already paid 2008 levy I believe and now I have to fork out another 30 euro to cancel my CC ?
Did you actually read the link that I posted? :confused:
Reason for cancelling : to high of interest rate...
Clear your balance each month billing period before interest charges apply and it renders the interest rate charged of academic interest.

Hi
You already paid your 2007/08 levy (paid in arrears).
The new charge is for 2008/09, and will carry forward to another credit card if you get another one as per ClubMan.
The reason you are paying the 2008/09 charge now is because you have used the card for part of the 2008/09 period.
Nicola

Thanks Nicola.. Understood..

@ clubman = yes I read through but still was not clear...

NOw I know

Im looking to cancel MBNA credit card as no longer doing piggypoints (moving to tesco) anyone know how to this online or do I have to write to them/ring them. Thanks,

Back