Scam alert! Cars for sale, but not available for viewing

aircobra19

Currently looking for a car. The last two adverts I've emailed looking for more information, neither car is in the country. If it was just one I could say well ok its possible. But two cars to be out of the country? Seems like theres a lot of scammers on Carzone these days.

Re: Anyone ever heard of Expressmatch.eu?

I had same experience a number of months back. Was looking for an Audi A4 on Autotrader, enquired about a nice 05 which was slightly below average price. E-mailed seller to be informed the car was in Spain as the family had moved abroad. They bought an X5 over there and no longer required the Audi. Wanted half the money up front and the remainder on delivery. Needless to say I didn't respond.

It's true that there are lots of scams on all of the used car websites.

I personally think the worst scam is the Used Car Price Guide.

How can you base the price of cars on what people are asking for them?

Lots of overpriced cars on all Irish used websites.

There should by rights be a huge drop in second hand cars, as the Illegal tax tax VRT has now been reduced on many cars.

Mind you you should also be allowed to push the price of your 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE up by about 7 or 8 grand now as the new model has gone up by 12 thousand.

Lots of overpriced cars on all Irish used websites.

Some of the prices are mad! I still see adverts trying to sell my car (same spec) for more than I paid for it (from a dealer) almost 3 years ago and with higher mileage to boot. I love Renault, but they depreciate so fast in the first few years that I would hate to be a poor sap who bought one new :D

Saw a similar advert to that described by the OP for a motorcycle - BMW advertised on bikebuyersguide which had a ridiculously low price (and a false phone number). After making an email enquiry, turned out the bike was in London, not Cork as the advert had said and there was no reg plate shown on the bike (it was claimed to have an Irish Reg).

There's a thread on this on boards.ie, popular opinion in the 6 pages so far is "scam".

Here's a [broken link removed] to Carzone's advice regarding this new way of acquiring other people's money, it is a pity that this link does not seem to appear on their home page. They are redesigning their website and are looking for feedback, I think it might be helpful for lots of people to tell them that scam alerts need to appear on their home page, and am emailing them after I finish this post.

I made enquiry on cheap RX8 on carzone recently... reply came back on email, German student returning home etc.... no reply when I requested reg and VIN numbers for check

Back