Stupid Q: How do I pay off my Halifax credit card in online banking?

K

Krew Bot

I have a Halifax current account and credit card, when I log into the online banking system there are two accounts available, my current account and credit card account.

I want to pay off my credit card balance from my current account so I clicked on payments in my current account assuming my credit card would be there, like in BOI 365, but it's not. The only account available to make a payment to is my own Halifax current account for some strange reason. Can anyone tell me why I would need to make a payment from the current account into itself?

Do I manually have to add the credit card account to the payment list in my current account?

Thanks

Yes, you have to set up your credit card as a payee in your current account in order to transfer funds. It's fairly straightforward as I remember, you just need the a/c number and a sort code ( I think) all info on your CC statement.

If you wish to pay other bills (e.g. Gas), or transfer funds to another account set them up in the same way.

I think everyone's current account has been set up to "pay to itself" by the way!

Back