Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > I.T.,Cameras and MP 3 players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 30-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Pee Pee is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Location: Limerick
Posts: 364
Default unable to paste my screenshot into my emails (Outlook or Hotmail).

I'm unable to paste my screenshot into my emails (Outlook or Hotmail). I use Zapgrab to select the image and can paste it to a word or powerpoint document but not to my email. It means I have to select the screenshot then paste to word then save and then email.

What can be wrong with my email settings or could be be an anti-virus issue?

System - Win XP
A/V - AVG
Spyware - AVG Spyware
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Jethro Jethro is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 112
Default Re: Pasting Screenshots

As far as I know, Hotmail does not permit you to paste images into messages. You have to attach them or use Photo Upload to attach. (I can receive messages with images embedded so I assume that's because they are created in another email programme?)

So I don't think you have anything wrong with your settings on Hotmail.

I rarely use Outlook and don't have it on this machine but you may need to make sure you have a rich text setting? Someone else may fill you in since I can't test it until I'm at home again.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31-03-2008, 09:26 AM
wishbone wishbone is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 373
Default Re: Pasting Screenshots

Not sure for Hotmail as it's web-based, but if you're using Outlook you should be able to copy and paste by doing a screen grab with the PrntScreen functionality of your computer. For mine for example I need to press the FunctionKey and then Prnt Screen key, then go to Outlook, choose New Message, put the cursor into the body of the message and do Control-V or Edit Paste. If you just want to do a screen shot of the current application press the Alt Tab also ie press Alt tab, Function Key and Prnt Screen all together and then into Outlook and Ctrl V - works fine for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Technologist Technologist is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 456
Default Re: unable to paste my screenshot into my emails (Outlook or Hotmail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee View Post
I'm unable to paste my screenshot into my emails (Outlook or Hotmail). I use Zapgrab to select the image and can paste it to a word or powerpoint document but not to my email. It means I have to select the screenshot then paste to word then save and then email.
In outlook, what format is the mail (plain text, RTF or HTML)?

If you're in plain text mode, that might explain it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Pee Pee is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Location: Limerick
Posts: 364
Default Re: unable to paste my screenshot into my emails (Outlook or Hotmail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
As far as I know, Hotmail does not permit you to paste images into messages.Cheers.
Well that explains Hotmail, Thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Not sure for Hotmail as it's web-based, but if you're using Outlook you should be able to copy and paste by doing a screen grab with the PrntScreen functionality of your computer. For mine for example I need to press the FunctionKey and then Prnt Screen key, then go to Outlook, choose New Message, put the cursor into the body of the message and do Control-V or Edit Paste. If you just want to do a screen shot of the current application press the Alt Tab also ie press Alt tab, Function Key and Prnt Screen all together and then into Outlook and Ctrl V - works fine for me.
It doesn't matter whether I use PrintScreen or ZapGrab I'm unable to paste. I prefer ZapGrab because you can select just the section you require.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technologist View Post
In outlook, what format is the mail (plain text, RTF or HTML)?

If you're in plain text mode, that might explain it.
The format is (if I'm checking this correctly) Rich Text (HTML).

Thanks to all of you for your help so far.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:04 AM.