Gas boiler at 3 bar pressure and external pipe dripping.

B

brophylad

Howdy all,

I currently have a Vokera Mynute 16e gas boiler which is pretty much consistantly reading about 3bar pressure even when switched off and the external pipe is dripping like crazy. Although when i have the heating on it drops a little.

I have read a few posts concerning other peoples problems with their gas burners, and am i right in thinking that the problem could lie with red pressure valve, or am i just talking crap?

I have downloaded the installation guide for it and was going to take a look at it myself, is there anything in particular that i should be looking at or that should stand out? If not i suppose i will just have to ring a board gas man.

thanks in advance

brophylad

Filling loop valve is probably open or allowing mains water pressure into system.

The filling loop is meant to be tuned off and disconnected from the rising main when system pressure is aout 1bar.

The expansion vessel should be able to receive expanded water from the system when it heats. It then goes up to about 1.25bar

If system pressure rises to rapidly upon heating then the vessel may require additional air your plumber may do this with a car foot pump.

Unfortunately some insist on letting a little air out to see if there´s any in there. This is usually done by someone who does not carry a pump.

Ideally most system boiler installations would have an addition vessel fitted this rarely happens.

I do not recommend or encourage DIY on heating systems

Last edited:
Back