Multi-foil insulation

lfcjfc

In doing some research on insulation for a new build some time ago, I came across a lot of bad-press/scepticism on multi-foil insulations. I was surprised then recently that a rep from an insulation company that came to look at our build, recommended insulating the roof using a multi-foil insulation - I think he called it Superquilt. Has anybody used this type of insulation? of so, how has it worked out?

IF THE PRODUCT DOESNT HAVE AN AGREMENT CERTIFICATE.. THEN DONT USE IT....

oops, sorry about the caps.....

There are many fine high quality building materials and products out there that do not have agrément. Peronally I think agrément is a nice thing to have but it would not be a deal breaking issue for me.

the agrement cert is designed to show compliance with tests to suit irish conditions.... we have a somewhat unique climate here... so other certification.. ie EN or BM TRADA etc dont really hold an weight....

We've just finised a pitched roof extension and used 'Actis tri-iso super 10', which I installed myself to the inside of the rafters before the plasterboards went on. The advantage was the space-saving and the fact that you can get an air-tight finish. With the new heating not yet working the result appears to be excellent - it could well be the warmest room in the house!

Back