Tax Relief on property in Northern Ireland.

Northerngirl

Im working in Republic of Ireland and have just moved north of the border in a property I own. Was previously renting in ROI, so received tax relief. Am I entitled to any form of relief on my mortgage in the north? (From either UK or ROI?) Thanks.

NornGirl, Im in the same situation and get mortgage relief on my property in the north. You pay taxes in republic so relief comes from there, good thing as the UK does not have mortgage relief.

Sorry Luckyg, am confuseg - you say you get mortgage relief on property in the north, but then say the Uk does not have mortgage relief??

Sorry Luckyg, am confuseg - you say you get mortgage relief on property in the north, but then say the Uk does not have mortgage relief??

I own a Northern property with a ROI mortgage company and work for an ROI company. You get tax relief eitherway whether you live in the North or the South. Is this what you mean? Be careful if you are PAYE as the tax rates in the North and much higher than the Republic. Keep stumm.

Sorry for the confusion, what i meant was that if you live and work in the north there's no mortgage relief but by being PAYE worker in the south your entitled to it

Back