Italics

gramlab

Is there a way to slant italics more than they are already. Have a document which contains a number of points in italics which look fine on screen but dont look much different from standard text when printed.

I am not allowed to change the font type, size or colour in the document(cGMP)

What sort of document (Word, PDF etc.)? What font? In Word I don't know of any way to alter the slant of italics. Maybe you could do something at the printer end (e.g. make sure you have the very latest drivers) since things should be WYSIWYG.

Word document, Ariel 11 font. WYSIWYG is fine when doc is on screen but not on printed version. Can't play with printer either as type of doc I am working on is strickly controlled - printer is dedicated and all printed material is recorded. Any adjustments to the printer would have to be sanctioned by god himself.

Have had a good look around to see if it could be altered, but couldn't find anything. Just thought I'd ask in case I was missing something. Cheers

You could try including a shadow or outline on various parts of the italic text. To do this:

Highlight the text you want to change.

Select the drop down menu - Format.

Then select "Font".

Tick the box that says "shadow" or "outline" and you will see a preview of what your text will look like in the box at the bottom. Click OK to apply.

Last edited:
Already underlining, bold text, etc in document. Have to make something stand out without standing out , if you know what I mean.

I can tell the difference, so anyone who cant will just have to get glasses or take my word for it:D

Back