UTV Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasconius

Have been experiencing ups and downs since Paddy's Day with my UTV connection.
Anyone else having these?

I have found that in the past 6 months or so that UTV DSL just arbitrarily disconnects and I have to manually reconnect the router. Not sure why this problem has been cropping up after a few years of them being much more reliable.

I'm also experiencing the same problems with UTV DSL. Other than resetting the ADSL modem and waiting for it to reconnect is there a better way to get this fixed. Are you changing to OpenDNS when UTV DSL disconnect?

I realise that the thread is closed but I just wanted to comment... actually I'm not sure that this is necessarily the same problem as in the other thread. There seem to be three separate problems with UTV:
  1. Their DNS can disappear from time to time so that although the ADSL link is OK you cannot do much unless you use raw IP addresses. Using OpenDNS as a replacement or fallback DNS service to the UTV DNS can help with this.
  2. Some people (myself included) have found that after the Creative Blaster router/modem is switched on first that the link does not work properly until the router control panel is used to manually disconnect and reconnect or sometimes even a warm or cold reset is required. When this happens the router's connection test works except for the final ping test.
  3. Finally there seem to have been an increasing number of unilateral disconnections with UTV in recent months. You are working away and next thing things stop working and when you check the router control panel the ADSL is disconnected and needs to be manually reconnected. This may or may not be related to (2) but it seems like a slightly different class of problem.
I have not bothered to report these problems to UTV because I know from experience that it's pointless contacting them through the web or email since they just ignore such communications and I don't have all day to hang on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back