Vodafone Shares

apple1

Hi,
Just realised this week that I still own Vodafone shares arising from shares purchased during the original Eircom float fiasco. The address on the correspondence was from a rented residence I left 8 years ago. Anybody know who I need to contact to update details? Not even sure at this time if my shares are worth anything. Thanks in advance, apple1

Contact the [broken link removed]. The shares that you owned are probably worth something but the share certs that you currently have are probably worthless because [broken link removed] Vodafone made a capital repayment to shareholders and issued new share certificates to shareholders (who didn't have to send the old ones back but these are now worthless). You need to find out what happened to yours and what happened to [broken link removed] over the years.

Are you sure that you got your Valentia eircom takeover payment way back when?

Also bear in mind that any capital losses can be written off against future capital gains. See this thread for some background:

CGT losses on eircom shares

Thanks for the response Clubman on both this query & the related taxation on shares query. Much appreciated.

Clubman,

I was too quick off the mark last time around. I guess my dividend cheques continued to be mailed to the address I rented. Wrt to the Eircom/Valentia issue, have I missed out on something????? Thanks, apple1

Contact Vodafone's registrars to ask about dividends. They may know if the cheques were cashed and, if not, if the dividends can be reissued. Probably not a fortune though. If there were cashed then somebody has been nicking your money!

Valentia
bought eircom out a while back. A majority of shareholders OK'd the deal so everybody had to sell to them. I think that there may have been a deadline for returning your shares in order to get the payment. Maybe contact the eircom registrars to clarify?

Back