The NTL Merry-go-round!

ben10

I apologise for the rant but wanted to know if anyone else has the same apalling service from NTL.

I arrived home from work a couple of weeks ago to find my digital subscription not working, this not being a new thing I left it an hour or so before contacting NTL. It didnt! so I called NTL and was told they would look into it. I then left it until the next day when I called again & was told they would register this with an engineer & it should be back that evening.

The next evening, I was kept on the line being told an agent would answer my call in rotation until I noticed on my bill that the customer care desk closed a ten minutes before i made the phone call (my stupidity or their inattentiveness??). So waking up fresh the next morning due to not being up watching TV all night I called NTL again & this time I was told that an engineer was looking at it & was "PROMISED" that the service would be back by close of business (to buy them some time!) and guess what!?! ....It wasnt!

Very very frustrated I called again the next day & demanded to speak to a supervisor. I was told that an engineer was booked in for me & will be at my house as soon as the 22nd!! ........2 weeks to the date!! I wouldnt accept this as I am paying premium charges & was told I am now recieving a Priority call!?!?! which means the first cancellation is mine!!

So, I waited ..... & waited ..... & waited .....made numerous phone calls every day & was finally told I was booked in with an engineer on .....the 22nd!!!!!

The 22nd finally came, the engineer did not!!! surprise surprise!! so I am now crossing my fingers for a new PRIORITY call tomorrow!!

So Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced such drama with NTL (pardon the pun!) I would also like to know will NTL credit my bill, pay my phone bills (as you cannot call thier freephone number from mobiles! ..40 euro), return me the days holidays I had to take off .....Oh, & replace the clumps of hair I have pulled out while dealing with them!?!?!

Anyway, maybe one good thing came of the situation, I didnt have to sit through any of big brother!!!!

RANT OVER!!! ..........For now!!

Thread moved. Rants go in Letting Off Steam. You won't be able to post further until you are emember for 1+ month and have posted 50+ times.

UUUMMMMMMMM!!! I can taste your rage.

If u want my full honest opinion, i had sky didital for 18 months and it was a waste.
My advice to you is get away from the subscription TV scene and get a Broadband connection with a high monthly cap or none, if possible. Everything you ever want is on the internet, they're called ''warez forums'' and you dont need to pull your hair out. This is just my own personal...

But it will be endless problems with NTL or any tv package & the programmes repeat in a ''merry-go-round'' too coincidentally...trust me 18 months of experience. Just use the internet for movies, tv programmes, music etc...

Thread moved. Rants go in Letting Off Steam. You won't be able to post further until you are emember for 1+ month and have posted 50+ times.

oohhh i dont think that's gonna help this persons anger management at all.....LMAO:D

I completely understand where You're coming from, ntl(upc)'s customer service has been going downhill for the last while according to many peoples' experiences.
Probably better off posting on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54 as they probably won't shove your post off into an area where you don't have the right to reply, (bizarre for a user input bulletin board)

Back