Ryanair BOGOF (well, nearly...)

DrMoriarty

(Bargain Alert courtesy of Boards.ie)

See here: [broken link removed]
Booking Period: Thurs 11 Jan 07 - midnight Thurs 18 Jan 07
Travel Period: 15 Jan 07 - 08 Feb 07
Applicable Days: Mon - Sun (subject to availability)
Flight must be purchased: 4 days in advance

Read the T&C carefully. Some eejits are entering made-up reference nos. and think they've actually made a valid booking... :rolleyes:

there seems to be loads of people getting valid confirmation back though, even after ringing ryanair...according to boards.ie

The cynic in me reckons that the plc is trying to manipulate it's "seats filled per flight" percentage at a time of year when they would be traditionally low - anyone who wanted to buy a flight during that period would have already done so. Why? God knows. Damn bean counters are always up to something.

there seems to be loads of people getting valid confirmation back though, even after ringing ryanair...according to boards.ie
Yeah, but it wouldn't be the first time Ryanair said one thing on the 'phone and another at the check-in desk or boarding gate. If they've booked in breach of the T&Cs — even if 'Mary on the phone said it was alright' — Ryanair would have no obligation to board them.

Btw, I'm going to Bristol (but not with indignation); CCOVICH, maybe one of us should book the other's flight, if you haven't already? ;)

Btw, I'm going to Bristol (but not with indignation); CCOVICH, maybe one of us should book the other's flight, if you haven't already? ;)

Bugger-I'd love to do you a favour Dr. M but I've already booked and paid for flights to both Cork and Hamburg in the coming weeks, so have no desire to go elsewhere!

Not to worry — a Shannon-Bristol return on the dates I want is cheaper than a one-way Limerick-Dublin train ticket, so no big deal!

whats the story with the baggage charge, you can either have no bags WITH priority bookin for 6 euro or a baggage charge. either way you pay. cant find a way round that.
Also, does no luggage mean no hand luggage? Can you bring a bag on the plane? Havent flown with ryanair before.

So for 2 people its 4 cents for the return flights, then 12e for no luggage but online checkin, then 10e for visa payment. Is there any way round these charges?

There is a link below the baggage options pulldown which adds the "0 bags -- no priority checkin" option to the list. That option is free (no extra charge).

maybe one of us should book the other's flight

See terms and conditions -- passenger names on 'free' booking must match first booking.

There's a 'Remove' option in the text under the box and it removes priority boarding so you are left with just hand luggage. Took a while to figure that out though!

whats the story with the baggage charge, you can either have no bags WITH priority bookin for 6 euro or a baggage charge. either way you pay. cant find a way round that.
Also, does no luggage mean no hand luggage? Can you bring a bag on the plane? Havent flown with ryanair before.

So for 2 people its 4 cents for the return flights, then 12e for no luggage but online checkin, then 10e for visa payment. Is there any way round these charges?

I don`t see the need for proirity boarding.Assuming you have no check in bags.
One can book online and when it asks you how many bags,you say o and then go to the text below...click...to remove online check in or whatever and then you pay zero for the o bag. You are free to take cabin bag less than 10kg...ie no charge.
So now you have no baggage charges....still you will have to pay fees and charges normally which add 24 to 43 e for a return flight depending on god knows what..not including c.c. charges.

Or to visit friends and / or family in other places, or to go to exhibitions or for business travel etc ....good old Ryanair makes this possible.

Great offer ... i go to manchester to see the football a fair bit... On a weekend Man united are playing at home the flights can be up to 300 euro return .
Going now on the 27th January to see United play Portsmouth in the FA Cup for 22.50 return for me and a friend.An absolute bargain !!

Why are they looking for your credit card number on a unsecured page.
Is this safe to do ?

The Ryanair front page (currently) links to a 'secure' https page. Even if you visit the page using http, your data is submitted to a https page.

Back