Has anyone had bad dealings with Duna House - Budapest?

R

Rooney

Just wondered if any one out there had a bad dealing with Duna House estate agents in Budapest.

I got sucked into a deal buying a flat - turned out not to be so great. I Got the feeling that they were lying all the time and that the seller, lawyer and estate agent were working together to try and find ways to pressure me to make the deal.

I Pulled out after I felt they were using bullying tatics but lost a lot of money in the process. The holding fee, lawyers fee etc. I Just got a bad gut feeling about these guys - anyone else out there had a similar experience?

Roo.

I got sucked into a deal buying a flat

I Pulled out after I felt they were using bullying tatics but lost a lot of money in the process.
So you were not actually sucked into the deal after all?

What services did you pay the money for? Why did you pay anything before establishing to your satisfaction that you were happy with the intermediaries?

My experiences with DH have been fine. I've noticed though that they don't tend to usually get the best apartments.

There are so many agents, that I can't be sure that they are all trustworthy. However, the lawyer they usually recommended is not independent as he has a working relationship with the company. It's best to get a totally independent lawyer, rather than one that's associated with any particular estate agency. I'm interested to know how they bullied you exactly?

Back