Mondeo TDdi Vs TDci

Ste

Hello , Do you know what the differences are between both these diesel Mondeo's ? Which is the best ? Thanks

Hello ,

Theres only one diesel engine in fords line up for passenger cars but with different power/torque outputs...its tdci.....if your looking at ads on the net or paper if you see td , there basically just leaving ci out....up to a few years ago they were just td.......since 99/00 the line up comprises of 90/100/115/130 horsepower, depending on how frugal you want your diesel to be its up to you.....the tdci 130 is a stormer......300+lb torque.....

Parker said:
Hello ,

Theres only one diesel engine in fords line up for passenger cars but with different power/torque outputs...its tdci.....if your looking at ads on the net or paper if you see td , there basically just leaving ci out....up to a few years ago they were just td.......since 99/00 the line up comprises of 90/100/115/130 horsepower, depending on how frugal you want your diesel to be its up to you.....the tdci 130 is a stormer......300+lb torque.....

I don't believe thats true - from what I have heard is there are two engines - TDDI and TDCI. TDCI is common rail and far more refined than the TDDI which is supposedly agricultural.

I've only seen TDDIs in Ire, was looking for a TDCI for a while and reckon that I would have to go across the water to find one.

Hi comanche,

I got this info off tallaght ford coz i never heard of tddi...... i doubt there wrong...plus look at carzone.ie...........full of tdcis for the past 5 years.....

Parker said:
Hi comanche,

I got this info off tallaght ford coz i never heard of tddi...... i doubt there wrong...plus look at carzone.ie...........full of tdcis for the past 5 years.....

sorry you are correct - I was thinking of the focus for some reason... too early in the morning for me! :)

the common rail fuel injection engine was developed by pugeot a few years back, don't think the first of the current mondeo have it.

Incidentally as with any new tecnology its not without problems, I would'nt buy one with high mileage...would prefer the old school direct injection intil the technology becomes reliable.

Back