Key Post Removal Companies - Moving Abroad

S

sueellen

Hi everyone,

wonder whether anyone has any experience with removal companies to/from Ireland.
I am moving house from Cork to Austria in January 2004 and would appreciate any info on the subject.
Thanx very much,

Krtek

Removal companies

First of all who is paying?
If its your company or employer you shouldn't have to do any of the ground work. They should source a few people to visit you and give quotes which they vet.

If you are paying I would suggest that you use the Golden Pages to ring around and get a feel for the efficiency of operations in particular companies. Then consider familiarity with the route. If they deal regularly with that part of europe they will be able to link you up more efficiently and so make it cheaper.

You may wish to use an Irish company but consider that the europeans tend to move a lot and have a well developped industry in that respect. Also, an Austrian firm are setting up a manufacturing plant in my town soon and I'm sure that if they are bringing managers etc. over you might pick up a cheap deal for the return journey. Think like that. Link to reduce costs.

Next come the finer tunings. They should supply boxes regardless but you are also given the packing option.
1. you let them pack EVERYTHING
2. You pack they collect.
If you can afford it go for the second above and if you've got kids definitely try to stretch to it.

Good luck with the move. Its a beautiful part of the world. ( Not that Cork isn't!)

Re: Removal companies

One thing you should have before you even start ringing around is an inventory. Some places will provide you with a list. But a Golden Pages search would be a good starting place.

Re: Removal companies

We have used both Beverly Smyth Ltd and Oman Ltd and found both to be very efficient.

(I have no connection with either company).

Removal

My Company got Natt Ross, for an Italian removal, who are aligned with other European companies. No problems. definately let them pack/unpack everything. You aren't doing them any favours by doing it yourself.

Removal Companies

Thanx everyone for info!

Unfortunatelly, I'm paying myself and the budget is tight.

I've tried the Golden pages before asking here, but out of 10 queries got 1 reply! And that was outrages anyway.

Thanx again, Krtek

Removal to Austria

Try the Dixon Line in Belfast (Ask for Jim Dixon). I used them in November 2002 for a small move from SW France to Ireland and recommend them highly on price and efficiency. Being a small firm, though, you might have to fit in a bit with their schedule.

Re: >>Removal Companies

This article whilst referring mainly to moving within Ireland may contain some useful tips for anyone moving abroad also
[broken link removed]

Re: Removal to Austria

HiThere
I saw your advice to another user re removal and you recommend a company called Dixons.
I am moving to Spain in September and was wondering would you have the phone number for Dixons
I would appreciate any help you might be able to give
Thanks
Pat

Some other posts

N0elC
Frequent poster
Furniture removal and storage in Dublin

Am selling up in Dublin and want to put my furniture into storage for a period of 12 - 24 months, before moving it to London.

I'll be paying for all this meself, so the budget is tight.

Does anyone know of any decent movers that can handle this sort of thing ?
Regards,

Noel

Breeze
Re: Furniture removal and storage in Dublin

There's a storage place on the naas road before red cow. hire a van yourself if possible and move stuff there.

delaneyd159
Re: Furniture removal and storage in Dublin

I've had stuff in storage for a few months in the back of Finglas in the New Century Business Park - Dublin Self Storage. They charge €127 a month for a fairly big room (50 square foot - I think). It's professional and seems safe. Their website is www.selfstorage.ie/

Some other posts

monquest
International furniture removal

Has anyone any info (good or bad) on international furniture removal compnies (looking to move to New Zealand). Would like to know who to go for on price and service.
Thanks
Monquest

stobear
Frequent poster
Re: International furniture removal

That is odd, typed in above into google and the second two links show the NZ yellow pages, it must be fate!!

Dont have experience so cant comment, sorry.

Stobear

potblack
NZ

I know someone who recently moved to NZ and transfered over 36 boxes for around €800. The boxes were various sizes but were mainly packaging boxes from
TV's, computers that sort of thing. It was mainly LP, books and small personal items. They took 3 months to arrive but that was considered in the price. She spent a couple of hours ringing around from the yellow pages and in the end used a company called Crown Relocations 8850171. In the end were reasonable priced but more importantly one of the few how came back with a quote and pick up time. The insurance was the main thing that pushed up the price

billie1
Unregistered User
Re:International furniture removal

When moving back from Sydney Australia, we used Allied Pickford. Found them extremely good as everything arrived as it should and when it should, 8 weeks on the banana boat as we called it. Their charges are calculated by sqaure footage/metric, so basically whatever space you take up in a container they charge by it. We are heading back out again to Sydney in June and will be using them again. They are based in Belfast.

AJA Pale has given the following recommendation also:

We went for:
A.M.C. Removals & Storage
Punchestown
Naas
Co Kildare
(045) 874498

They had the cheapest quote and even came down a bit after a haggle.

They were thoroughly professional and friendly as well.

They moved stuff from the attic, some of the other companies who quoted would not go near the attic.

ajapale.

Re: Key Post: Removal Companies - Moving Abroad

This old key post may need some updating.

Back