Key Post: Paving contractors.

S

Sarah Wellband

Hi,

I'm looking to get my (small) front garden paved, don't want to spend another summer mowing the damned thing! Can anyone recommend a contractor? North county Dublin (Swords).

Thanks,

Sarah

[email protected]

Re: Paving contractors

Sarah
If thats the only reason you want to pave it, to avoid cutting it, a cheaper option might be to pour
a load of gravel onto it, my new prospective house has this, its been there a year, completely maintenance free and not a weed in sight. Cant wait to remove all that gravel (nice white stuff) and get a few Euro for it....BTW how much do you need????
Stobear

Hi Sarah,

Sorry I don't have a name for contractors, but I have been to the roadstone depot (take the ashbourne road off the M50 and after about 200 metres turn left). In this depot they have a huge range of different types of paving, and they can recommend contractors (they did for me before, but I lost the list as I changed my mind about the job).

I would definitely go for the paving ahead of the gravel as it is a much tidier job.

I think the co. I have heard quite a few people recomend is called Acorn. We have cobblelock but I would not recommend it as the moss has taken over and its hard work getting rid of it. Would also not recommend the people who did ours.

Cobblelock is fine if done properly.

Re: Lazy bones

Most cobblelock comes in a range of attractive colours.

Great contribution apart from that though (not!)...

Paving

try Origin Paving

[broken link removed]

They have a display centre at Blakes Cross - near Swords.

They are extremely helpful

They also provide names of Contractors

I got Dave Mahon (DM Paving) 087 2529880

He did an excellent job

Good lucl

try the ALCI [landscapers association of Ireland] for a registered landscape contractor [broken link removed]

Back