Key Post: Mirrors

J

jenolan

Hi,

Does anyone know where you can buy nice unusal mirrors and fairly large ones too. The department stores and Woodies etc all have a fairly limited range. B&Q have the best selection so far but are there any mirror only shops around?

Thanks

Re: Mirrors

Hi jenolan,

Ring any glazier and they will tailor make one for you. Probably cheaper than you'd find in a shop too.

There's a good shop on the top floor of the St Stephens Green centre where I always get my mirrors. They are always very good value as well.

Mirrors

There's a guy who is in Blackrock Market every Saturday who custom makes Stained Glass mirrors - can't remember his name but he will come out to your house to measure/advise etc.

I bought a beautiful Gothic Church window style mirror from him for my own house and am very pleased with it

re:

Hi Piggy, they do a fairly large range, I'm not sure what size you mean though. I got a 4 - 5 foot by about 1 & 1/2 - 2 foot one there about a year ago it that's any help. I think they make they're one products so maybe the do special orders..

Re: re:

Thanks Dowee, might check them out when I'm buying all that kinda stuff.

re

They frequently have sales on where they halve the price of alot of things so watch out for that too.

Many of the places that cut glass to size will also make mirrors to your spec ( cut to size, bevels, holes etc )

Re: Mirrors

Make sure to get a few prices as I've been quoted sometimes double the price from one place to another when getting mirror cut.

Some other posts

piggy
Very frequent poster
Full length mirror

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 6ft mirror?

Went to a glazier but he told me 140 euro!

elderdog
Frequent poster

For good work try A.C. Taylor ( around the back of Westland Row )

piggy
Very frequent poster

Thanks elderdog. I'll give him a shout.

sueellen
Re: Full length mirror

Piggy,

Might have mentioned before that I priced a mirror once in a few different places and the difference was ridiculous - double the price or even more if I remember correctly. Pays to get a few quotes. As far as I can gather there are different weights/thickness and I'm convinced qualities.

piggy
Very frequent poster

Thanks sueellen. Yeah - the one I got a qoute for was a 6 ml one.
I'll definitely ring around. Not paying that much to look at myself - handsome devil though I might be

judge

Not sure what the exact specs were, but woodies had a range of long mirrors the other day in their Lucan branch for between €30 and €40. Seemed to vary depending on width. I think they were about 5ft in length - not quite your 6ft.

piggy
Very frequent poster

Thanks judge,

For that price I think they must be the same as the ones in B&Q - tallest is 4ft (around 40 euro)...but I'll definitely check out Woodies in tallaght at the weekend. Cheers.

Dan The Man
Frequent poster
mirror

Argos?

plastic mirror

Does anyone know where to get a mirror with perspex instead of glass? I want to put a mirror on a door, but don't want it to break!

I am looking for a mahogony overmantle mirror, any ideas where Ican get one in north kerry. Cheers

Back