Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > Overseas Travel,Holidays,Hotels & Airlines

Old 24-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Dead Sea Holiday

Default Dead Sea Holiday

I am trying very hard to organise a holiday to the Dead Sea, which is good for psoriasis.

No co. in Ireland seems to organise it, and so far I've had no success finding a tour operator in the UK.

Can anyone suggest a tour operator or know aomeone who has been to the Dead Sea?

Thanks
Old 24-03-2004, 09:36 PM
J

Default Dead Sea

You can fly to Amman, pick up a car rental from Hertz and drive to the dead sea in an hour or two.

Last time I with KLM via Amsterdam.
Old 30-03-2004, 01:00 PM
mcmac

Default Dead Sea

You could also fly to Eilat holiday resort and drive
up to it from there.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Horus

Default Dead Sea

I have Psorasis and was at the Dead Sea a few yrs ago. I dont think you need to organise a specific tour package. I simply went from Jerusalem by taxi having picked up a flight in london, There are hotels nearby which you could probably find online easily enough. And, given the political situation in Israel,and its effects on the tourism industry there I dont think you'll have a problem finding a free room at a good price. By the way, if you do decide on a taxi , haggle and agree price before you go. Come to think of it, haggle for everything in Israel!