Price of a good Leather Sofa?

Rambo

Hi,

I was just wondering, what would you pay for a good quality leather sofa?
I was looking at a website and they had a 3 and 2 seater leather sofa which looked nice and comfortable for 995 euro.

Is that a bit on the cheap side?
What would the quality of it be?

Cheers

I was looking at a website and they had a 3 and 2 seater leather sofa which looked nice and comfortable for 995 euro.

Is that a bit on the cheap side?
What would the quality of it be?

Don't know about buying through a website, but we bought a 3+3+2 leather suite from Classic Furniture in Blanchardstown for just €1500 in total! The suite was being sold as a 3 + 2 for €995 ( I haggled an extra 3 seater for €500). The suite is a really soft but strong Italian leather and is superbly put together. Couldn't believe our luck but it appears that because it was a dark red colour and was on view against a disgusting green background nobody was keen on it. However, we have it positioned in a large room with white walls and it looks great.

Thanks for that,
The website was for Diamond Living in swords, I suppose I could go out and have a look at it and see what its like.

Where you waiting long to get your suites?

Cheers.

My sister bought a leather sofa for about 995 i think, a three and a two seater. Sounds good you might say but actually when i saw it it was only the seating part of it that was leather, the side and back were 'leather look'. Fine if you don't mind that but i think for spending that amount go a bit further to ensure good quality. We bought our three and two leather suite from reids, cost two grand but well worth it, soooo comfortable, my partner usually spends 4 nights out of seven asleep on it cos its so comfortable!!
I think you get what you pay for.....

We bought a 3+2+1+3 from Diamond Living is swords and the wait time on it is 12-16 weeks but they can quote upto 20 weeks. The time suited us as we had/have to get the room ready for them. The delivery cost is more expensive if you live outside of Dublin.

Thanks for the replies,

Thats a long time to wait. I heard the waiting times were long, didnt think it would be that long.

We were offered a 3 + 2 second hand suite, not too old for 900 euro from a friend, and its in good nick, might go with that instead.

Generally you can get ones for under €1000 though this is the low price range. Most of these suites are a Leather look. A real soft leather suite would be between 2000 to 3000. You can feel the difference. Also the check what the construction of the Suite it, some are solid wood and some plywood.

Delivery times vary but you can get ones ready to take away. Got a lovely 3+1+1 in Sofacity recently for €1500. Nice soft leather too, Picked up myself from their warehouse.

Also buying a sofa online is very difficult as they vary so much when you sit down on them. Some hard some soft so with reclivers etc.

Always worth spending a bit of time researching something you want to relax on.

Thanks,
Richard
www.furniture.ie

Back