Key Post: Weekend in Galway

S

sueellen

Have just come back from a weekend in Galway.Got a last minute deal from Aertel. Westwood Hotel in Newcastle - five minutes drive from city centre. Weekend 2 B&B 1 Dinner plus bottle of house wine - €109 per person sharing.(special for last weekend only)

Because of price was not expecting that much. Hotel was lovely, food good and good choice of dinner menu, all staff were professional, friendly and courteous.

I would rate the food as above average, we did not want the house wine and were told we could have an upgrade (€18 for the house wine) so we picked a more expensive bottle (€28) I picked a desert from the menu and the waiter returned to tell me it was finished for the evening. Because I had to pick an alternative, they waived the charge for the wine. I thought this was a nice gesture.

Well done the Westwood. Came back feeling I had value for money for once in this country!

I went to the Westwood a couple of weeks ago. €99 pps/night for Fri & Sat inc two breakfasts and a meal (no wine though)

I wasn't expecting much from the dinner, but it was gorgeous! - very thick succulent steak, served the way I requested without too much delay.

Some other posts

Doogo
B&B in Galway/Salthill

Can anyone please recommend a good B&B in Galway/Salthill

B&B

There is a lovely B&B right beside Galway City called Adare (its not too far from Salthill. The address is Fr. Griffin Road. The rooms are nicer than some hotels I have stayed in, reasonably priced and the breakfasts are lovely. I would highly recommend it.

fatherdougalmaguire
Frequent poster
Re: B&B

[broken link removed]

Slim
Re: B&B

There is a nice B&B on Threadneedle Rd, number 77 I think, it's called "Padua" and run by Stauntons or Thorntons. Nice people good brekkie, off street parking, very reasonable.

S

Back