Key Post: Visiting Limerick

S

sueellen

Family having a portugese visitor (bar manager in Albuferia) in Limerick for a week in November! any ideas as to what to do/visit/travel to that won't cost the earth.

The poor man would probably get a heart attack if he tried to buy a round in a pub!

Thanks for any suggestions, ideas, etc.,

Re: holiday in Ireland for a Portugese!

The poor man would probably get a heart attack if he tried to buy a round in a pub!

You're right there, Carol!

I live in Limerick and — no offence, if you're a native! — I'd be inclined to get him out of town a little bit, and show him some of the lovely spots in a 20-mile radius. Killaloe, Cratloe Woods, Adare, Lough Gur, Curraghchase, etc. All that greenery and gentle misting rain ;) should be a treat for someone from a hot climate!

As for meals, drinks out, nightlife, etc. — why not bring him for a very-nice-and-very-reasonable Thai meal in the Clarion bar (before 9.00) — I still think it's amazing value, for the quality of the food and the view out over the river... — and then stroll over to Dolan's for some genuine Oirish diddly-aye-ay? Being a "Continental" (and a barman) he's probably not going to be into skulling loads of pints. And bring him to a race meeting, if there's one on at the time!

Dr. M.

portugese holiday

Thanks Doctor! a great prescription . . . . . . any chance of a medical card . . . . . . . . . . . Seriously good ideas. Tks.

Clarion Bar

Forgive me for intruding but I like the sound of the Clarion Bar for dinner.
I'm not from Limerick but further west but would love to check it over over the next week when i'm in Limerick.
Could you tell me where it is.
also if you have any other favourite eating spots in Limerick city centre I would love to know them.
Thanking you in advance,
Brendan

Re: Clarion Bar

O.K. sorry, Dumb question,
i just looked it up on the Net.
Found that its in the Clarion hotel.
will definately check it out this week.
apologies for wasting space here.
Regards.

Re: other favourite eating spots in Limerick city centre

www.copperandspice.com (near the milk market, just off the Cruises St shopping area) is always excellent.

But book ahead! :)

HNY

Back