Key Post: Used Car Information

D

Dearg Doom

I'm looking to buy a used car (but not :) ). I've been looking around the various Irish motoring websites ([broken link removed], [broken link removed], carzone.ie, , ,...) looking for information about used cars - which cars from which years are the most reliable, best value for money, highest level of spec, etc. but haven't found much. Does anyone know of a website that has used car reviews? Are any of the car magazines worth buying? BTW, I'm considering an A4/Passat/Vectra/S40...

Japanese cars velly good.

I gave up on European cars in the mid 80's and switched to Honda. I have never had any problems whatsoever.

car info

Pity Honda give such poor trade in allowances for your old car. This makes them expensive.

car info

Hello

Give www.parkers.co.uk a go. They do a monthly mag in the UK where they list all makes and models, give the car an overall rating, express an opinion and tips on what to look for defects wise. It is a very good guide and a good place to start.

I bought a Toyota and everyone I speak to is of the opinion that they are a great car to buy second. They are reliable and hold value reasonably well.

Edited by ClubMan to fix link.

Re: car info

Thanks for links - I'll have a good read...

I do agree with your opinions of Japanese cars, but they're sooo boring. Except maybe for Lexus...

Sorry Sarah, but I'm refusing to pay the rediculous insurance quotes I've been given for anything over a 1.6...

go to two websites

parkers.co.uk for general info. on the model your are interested and carsurvey.org to get an idea of what sort problems will crop up once it is a few years old.

subscribe to mailing list on merlincarauctions.ie to get an idea of what mainstream cars are making at auction and that might be enough to make you want to take a risk on a car auction.

Re:Used cars with air con 11-13000 bracket - Ford Fusion?

Any recommendations for used family car in price bracket 10,000 to 13,000. Must have air con. Don't want to go down too much in years. The only car I can seem to find is a 2003 ford fusion. Anyone know anything about this car? Or any other suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Re: Used cars with air con 11-13000 bracket - Ford Fusion?

laila said:
Any recommendations for used family car in price bracket 10,000 to 13,000. Must have air con. Don't want to go down too much in years. The only car I can seem to find is a 2003 ford fusion. Anyone know anything about this car? Or any other suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Fusion is a jacked up Fiesta, and is overpriced new.

I don't think there is great demand for them used so you might get a bargain.

Buy a Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v with abs and a/c. Good cars and plentiful.

Back