Key Post: Good value online sources for perfumes?

ZEGAR

Hi.

Anyone know of any web sites that sell Perfume cheaper than the likes of Brown Thomas ??

Re: Good value online sources for perfumes?

StrawberryNET have an unusual policy in taxes/duties (my underlining)...
Taxes and Duties

We currently regularly ship to customers in over 100 countries worldwide. The majority of countries, particularly U.S.A., Australia, Japan, Korea, do not charge customs duty on small packages dispatched by air post.

Overall the world is moving towards free trade and we hope and anticipate this trend will continue and accelerate.

For the current time, we will endeavor to assist and cover in cases where duty is charged to the customers in some European countries, but we emphasize this is on a goodwill, not on an obligation basis.

another site for good value perfume is www.fragrancedirect.co.uk. I have used this site several times and found them to be very reliable. However there is a charge for delivery but even taking that into account there are great bargains to be had.

Re: "Sale" price

ZEGAR said:
Anyone know of any web sites that sell Perfume cheaper than the likes of Brown Thomas ??
I have found StrawberryNET to be quite good also. I have never been hit by any additional duties and over time you can build up a small loyalty discount. I have found, in the past, that ordering in Dollars can be cheaper than Euro, and other currency, even accounting for a credit card FX charge.

I used strawberrynet over the xmas and got a letter from customs looking for 26 euro, I paid customs e-mailed strawberrynet.com with receipt and they refunded me the 26 euro in a matter of days. I would highly recommend them as they are far cheaper from BT's and the likes, and customer service is A1

Ive mentioned in another post that Ive used perfumeireland.com quite a bit and found them reliable and very good. Any queries I had were answered quickly. I suppose I choose them over strawberrynet because they had Razor blades but now use them regularly.

Following on from post above went ahead and purchased from Fragerance Direct and found their service to be good. Items sold as testers i.e. no unnecessary frills and prices/delivery are good.

Just a quick addition. I was told by a friend that if you put in a message as if for a gift you shouldn't get charged the tax on Strawberry.net. some sort of technicality ?
I've found them very good so far though you do need to know exactly what you're ordering.
That's great Brynick that you got refunded.
Never thought of ordering in $US.....amazing what you learn on this site !

it doesnt matter if its a gift or not...customs base it on the value of the item and by law companies such as strawberry.net and perfuneireland.com have to put the correct value on each of the packages

Back