Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > Consumer Issues and Rights

Old 10-09-2004, 07:08 PM
elkii

Default Transfer TV licence?

Just had a quick look on the An Post website but can't see any info about tv licence. We got our renewal in the post today but are moving in about 6 weeks time. Can we transfer the licence? If not, I assume there is no point paying the annual fee as we'll have to pay it again in 6 weeks! Thing is, I assume we will get loads of TV licence reminders plus legal proceedings letters in the next 6 weeks??
Old 10-09-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Transfer TV licence?

> Can we transfer the licence?

Yes - see OASIS:

www.oasis.gov.ie/public_u...ences.html

Quote:
Moving to a new home

If you are moving house, it is possible and highly advisable to have your television licence transferred to your new address. Simply bring your existing licence to your nearest Post Office, together with evidence of your new address (i.e., a household utility bill, bank statement, etc.). Staff in your Post Office will then amend the details on your record and your licence will be updated and re-issued to you. This service is free.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:16 PM
elkii

Great..thanks a million!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
okidoki987

I moved house but never bothered transferring the TV licence to the new address. They sent out the threatening letters to the old address and I rang them and explained I had moved.
Girl said "fine, I'll knock you off the register".
She never asked me for my new address?