Key Post Best place to buy cases of wine on line?

O

onekeano

Any suggestions where I can get wone online and have it delivered around Ireland by the case?

Thanks
Roy

We bought quite a lot from a well known UK chain with branches in Dublin last year for work.

They were delivered in *boring* brown cardboard boxes, not even slightly Christmassy logos to cheers them up. They were ordered specifically for corporate gifts, so absolutely no brownie points to that shop. At this stage it was quite near Christmas so there was no time to go about town looking for nice shiney boxes. They may well just have run out, but a quick phone call or even a scribbled note would have been nice.

I know where we won't be going this year.

z

Hi zag

Why don't you name and shame? Anyway, I wouldn't mind getting a white/brown box (tester) if the quality of the produce was the same?

The secretary at work mentioned www.obrienswines.ie today, but I haven't checked it out.

Marion :hat

I'm all for online bargains — believe me! :D — but I really doubt whether you can do better than jump in your car with a 'well pre-planned' list, drive to Newry (or wherever, over the border) and stock up big time.

Bottles o' liquor are just too heavy to deliver cheaply.

On th'other hand, if you want 6 bottles delivered to various doorsteps hither, thither & yonder around the state — as I suspect is the case with the original enquirer — then you will have to pay for it. And in that case, Tesco online is probably the best value, if you know what to look for...

Just spare a thought for your poor old hard-hit local publican ('not just for Christmas, sob...[etc.]') :rollin

As well as those listed already, you could also try these :

Mitchells

[broken link removed]

Re: Key Post: Best place to buy cases of wine on line?

I got a couple of cases from [broken link removed] for 40th birthday party and was very happy with service and quality..

If you know the type of wine you wish to order, why not try going to the source? I have been buying wine and havign it delivered to a few clients from a producer in France at about half the price even including shipping, works out at about 80€ per case sometimes a little more when I change the vintage!

could you post a link to your supplier ??

Try www.vinatis.com have used them a few times and very prompt delivery from France, Free delivery with 18 bottles or more.

Try here also:

based in Cork and deliver Nationwide

This lady was on the Pat Kenny Show last week. I have ordered a case and it will be delivered to Ireland for €96 all in.

[broken link removed]

Slim

Try here also:

http://www.curiouswines.ie

Cases delivered in Ireland from €99, sometimes less on sale. (Disclaimer: I did their site, but I am also a very happy customer - they are straight-up nice lads and very helpful.)

Back