Volkswagen CC, Options?

cheapandgood

I am thinking of buying a Volkswagen CC. I am concerned about Volkswagen due to mixed reports on reliability/quality and high servicing costs. Did anyone have this experience with Volkswagen cars?

My last company car was a Passat 2 litre diesel Bluemotion

I can safely say it was the best car I ever had in terms of reliability. I drove it for 3 years, put 220,000kms on the clock and never had a problem. It was serviced regularly in the local dealership. I can't comment on the servicing costs as they were paid for by my company.

The Bluemotion engine was incredibly economical.........I'd get 1,200km (mainly motorway driving) from a 90 euro tank of diesel.......so only had to fill up once a week.

I still miss it!

We have a VW tiguan. Best car we have ever had. Two years in and no issues whatsoever. Unlike Renault!

I have a VW Golf with 150,000 kms on the clock. I've never have any reliability problems. In fact I'd go as far and say it's the best car I've ever own.

Servicing costs are no higher than any other brand. Shop around for the best servicing deals. There is a VW dealership in nearly every decent size town in Ireland.

Make sure you buy from a reputable source to avoid future maintenance problems.

Last edited:
You'll get a good independent view from sites such as Honest John or Warranty Direct.

Might be a bit early on the CC, but there have certainly been a lot of engine problems with the Polo.

Warranty Direct put the [broken link removed] as middle of the road in terms of reliability which puts it quite a way behind the [broken link removed] models on sale. The 05+ Passat fared very badly.

Cheap&Good ;
Leo,s advice is good ; From what I hear Vw seems to be dropping in reliability stakes .
Emerald ; The maligned Renault Comp are giving 5 year warrenty now v Vw,s 3.

Not sure there are any (bad) cars given the general reliability of them all.

Cheap&Good ;
Leo,s advice is good ; From what I hear Vw seems to be dropping in reliability stakes .
Emerald ; The maligned Renault Comp are giving 5 year warrenty now v Vw,s 3.

Not sure there are any (bad) cars given the general reliability of them all.
+1 to all that.

I’ve owned a few VW’s and while they weren’t unreliable they didn’t stand out either. Very expensive to get serviced; up there with BMW for cost and nowhere near as good a product.
I’ve driven Ford’s recently and while the VW build quality is probably slightly better and the brand image is definitely better I find Ford cars generally nicer to drive (I found VW’s a bit boring and my 2002 Passat was the most boring car I ever owned).
You are paying a premium for the brand that, in my opinion, is not quite justified.
In summary; good cars but nothing exceptional. There’s better value for money out there. Take a look at Hyundai.

Have just changed my 2.0 Ltr bluemotion diesel, I kept it a year and put up about 20k during that time, the car did everything well, just incredible on diesel, I managed 70 mpg on a 140 mile run with careful driving and no heavy boot, with €200 a year car tax on my 2011 and inexpensive insurance costs it was really as cheap as motoring as one could expect...

Did it all well, powerful but boring, also my wife hated it and that was a first..but the big surprise was it took me almost six months to sell it....and that means no more Passats in my driveway I'm afraid and it was the cheapest lowest mileage one available throughout that selling period as well.

Serviced it away from the main dealer and no issues at all with reliability.

I have a VW Golf with 150,000 kms on the clock. I've never have any reliability problems. In fact I'd go as far and say it's the best car I've ever own.

Servicing costs are no higher than any other brand. Shop around for the best servicing deals. There is a VW dealership in nearly every decent size town in Ireland.

Make sure you buy from a reputable source to avoid future maintenance problems.

As a matter of interest, is your golf petrol or diesel and what cc engine is it? I've a golf 1.4, bit underpowered but I like the car, thinking of looking at 1.2 TSI soon if turbo would not a problem for a low mileage driving. Think VW cars are quite solid but apparently they did have reliability issues for a while, also you pay for the badge but they seem to hold their value well when trading-in. OP could check Skoda models (a vw company) online.

Back