Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > Consumer Issues and Rights

Old 04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Frequent Poster

Default The most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

Can anyone advise on the most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

It can be emailed to yoursay@hse.ie but is this the best method?

Also, regarding the various stages of making a complaint if not satisfied with the outcome, the stages are as follows: initially the HSE, the Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman.

There is also HIQA - where would they come in to the complaints process?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Frequent Poster

By snail mail, registered is the best option. They can't deny receiving it then.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Frequent Poster

Also send it to your MP, as they will have to follow it up for you.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Can anyone advise on the most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

It can be emailed to yoursay@hse.ie but is this the best method?

Also, regarding the various stages of making a complaint if not satisfied with the outcome, the stages are as follows: initially the HSE, the Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman.

There is also HIQA - where would they come in to the complaints process?
I can assure you that an email to yoursay.ie is attended to promptly. Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman and they do not like that. HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints. Use the email is my advice. Alternatively, identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The email mentioned above will be forwarded to them anyway. In addition, a letter or mail to a public representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly. S
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
I can assure you that an email to yoursay.ie is attended to promptly. Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman and they do not like that. HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints. Use the email is my advice. Alternatively, identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The email mentioned above will be forwarded to them anyway. In addition, a letter or mail to a public representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly. S
Slim,

Is this a miss post? or a quotation from somewhere? It doesnt make much sense.

Yorky

Broadly speaking what is the nature of the complaint? The HSE is a huge, complex, disfunctional behemoth.

aj
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajapale View Post
Slim,

Is this a miss post? or a quotation from somewhere? It doesnt make much sense.

aj
No, it's my own composition, for better or worse. What is it you don't understand about how it addresses the OP's original question? I have some knowledge of this area, now that is making me a hostage to fortune isn't it?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Also send it to your MP, as they will have to follow it up for you.
MP won't but a TD might!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What is it you don't understand about how it addresses the OP's original question?
Sorry Slim,

I simply didnt understand your post. I read it again and it is perfectly clear to me now.

Thanks
aj
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Slim, Is this a fair summary of your post?

• E-mails to yoursay.ie are attended to promptly.
  • Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman.
  • HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints.
  • Identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The yoursay.ie email will be forwarded to them anyway.
  • A letter or mail to a Public Representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Who is the Director of Advocacy and where does this person fit into the process (if at all)?

I googled this pdf The Leaflet - Healthcomplaints.ie

aj
Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajapale View Post
Slim, Is this a fair summary of your post?

• E-mails to yoursay.ie are attended to promptly.
  • Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman.
  • HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints.
  • Identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The yoursay.ie email will be forwarded to them anyway.
  • A letter or mail to a Public Representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly.
Who is the Director of Advocacy and where does this person fit into the process (if at all)?

I googled this pdf The Leaflet - Healthcomplaints.ie

aj
Yes AJ, very good summary. Whilst emails are attended to promptly, the response time can vary depending on the complexity of the complaint, service issues etc.

The Director of Advocacy is a Mr. Greg Price, HSE, Oak House, Millennium Business Park, Naas, Co. Kildare. His role is to oversee the HSE's response to and implemenmtation of the YourServiceYourSay policy and arrange reviews of complaint officers' decisions. Contact him here:
Tel: 045 880400
Fax: 1890 200 894

Last edited by Slim; 09-09-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: remove email address
Old 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Frequent Poster

Who do you complain to about the medical card administration?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Who do you complain to about the medical card administration?
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations Unit, Primary Care Reimbursement Service, Exit 5 M50 North Road, DUBLIN 11.

Last edited by Slim; 10-09-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: address amended
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM

pcrs = primary care reimbursement services
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations, PCRS, Finglas.

Ps: I will put exact address in from work tomorrow.

Thanks very much. Much obliged.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Frequent Poster

above post edited to give full address. Best of luck.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations Unit, Primary Care Reimbursement Service, Exit 5 M50 North Road, DUBLIN 11.
That is a very odd address. I think Finglas would be more useful to An Post. I wonder is the address listed like that to throw people off the scent?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
That is a very odd address. I think Finglas would be more useful to An Post. I wonder is the address listed like that to throw people off the scent?
No, I think I omitted Finglas when I edited the post!