Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > Don't Askaboutmoney > Consumer Issues and Rights

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Yorky Yorky is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,545
Default The most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

Can anyone advise on the most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

It can be emailed to yoursay@hse.ie but is this the best method?

Also, regarding the various stages of making a complaint if not satisfied with the outcome, the stages are as follows: initially the HSE, the Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman.

There is also HIQA - where would they come in to the complaints process?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Time Time is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 2,748
Default

By snail mail, registered is the best option. They can't deny receiving it then.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Kev Kev is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 274
Default

Also send it to your MP, as they will have to follow it up for you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Can anyone advise on the most effective way to make a complaint about a service received from the HSE?

It can be emailed to yoursay@hse.ie but is this the best method?

Also, regarding the various stages of making a complaint if not satisfied with the outcome, the stages are as follows: initially the HSE, the Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman.

There is also HIQA - where would they come in to the complaints process?
I can assure you that an email to yoursay.ie is attended to promptly. Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman and they do not like that. HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints. Use the email is my advice. Alternatively, identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The email mentioned above will be forwarded to them anyway. In addition, a letter or mail to a public representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly. S
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM
ajapale ajapale is offline
 
Posts: 7,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
I can assure you that an email to yoursay.ie is attended to promptly. Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman and they do not like that. HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints. Use the email is my advice. Alternatively, identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The email mentioned above will be forwarded to them anyway. In addition, a letter or mail to a public representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly. S
Slim,

Is this a miss post? or a quotation from somewhere? It doesnt make much sense.

Yorky

Broadly speaking what is the nature of the complaint? The HSE is a huge, complex, disfunctional behemoth.

aj
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajapale View Post
Slim,

Is this a miss post? or a quotation from somewhere? It doesnt make much sense.

aj
No, it's my own composition, for better or worse. What is it you don't understand about how it addresses the OP's original question? I have some knowledge of this area, now that is making me a hostage to fortune isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-09-2013, 01:46 PM
PaddyBloggit PaddyBloggit is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 2,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Also send it to your MP, as they will have to follow it up for you.
MP won't but a TD might!
__________________
Paddy Bloggit
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2013, 02:16 PM
ajapale ajapale is offline
 
Posts: 7,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
What is it you don't understand about how it addresses the OP's original question?
Sorry Slim,

I simply didnt understand your post. I read it again and it is perfectly clear to me now.

Thanks
aj
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM
ajapale ajapale is offline
 
Posts: 7,651
Default

Slim, Is this a fair summary of your post?

  • E-mails to yoursay.ie are attended to promptly.
  • Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman.
  • HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints.
  • Identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The yoursay.ie email will be forwarded to them anyway.
  • A letter or mail to a Public Representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky View Post
Also, regarding the various stages of making a complaint if not satisfied with the outcome, the stages are as follows: initially the HSE, the Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman.
Who is the Director of Advocacy and where does this person fit into the process (if at all)?

I googled this pdf The Leaflet - Healthcomplaints.ie



aj
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajapale View Post
Slim, Is this a fair summary of your post?

  • E-mails to yoursay.ie are attended to promptly.
  • Failure to receive a response within a reasonable time is cause for complaint to the Ombudsman.
  • HIQA only gets involved in general standards issues and not individual complaints.
  • Identify your local Complaints Officer in the HSE service involved and write or email them directly. The yoursay.ie email will be forwarded to them anyway.
  • A letter or mail to a Public Representative or Minister is also attended to very quickly.
Who is the Director of Advocacy and where does this person fit into the process (if at all)?

I googled this pdf The Leaflet - Healthcomplaints.ie



aj
Yes AJ, very good summary. Whilst emails are attended to promptly, the response time can vary depending on the complexity of the complaint, service issues etc.

The Director of Advocacy is a Mr. Greg Price, HSE, Oak House, Millennium Business Park, Naas, Co. Kildare. His role is to oversee the HSE's response to and implemenmtation of the YourServiceYourSay policy and arrange reviews of complaint officers' decisions. Contact him here:
Tel: 045 880400
Fax: 1890 200 894

Last edited by Slim; 09-09-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: remove email address
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Time Time is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 2,748
Default

Who do you complain to about the medical card administration?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Who do you complain to about the medical card administration?
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations Unit, Primary Care Reimbursement Service, Exit 5 M50 North Road, DUBLIN 11.

Last edited by Slim; 10-09-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: address amended
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM
ajapale ajapale is offline
 
Posts: 7,651
Default

pcrs = primary care reimbursement services
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Time Time is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 2,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations, PCRS, Finglas.

Ps: I will put exact address in from work tomorrow.

Thanks very much. Much obliged.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

above post edited to give full address. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Time Time is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 2,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
You can write to Gerry Mulligan, Customer Relations Unit, Primary Care Reimbursement Service, Exit 5 M50 North Road, DUBLIN 11.
That is a very odd address. I think Finglas would be more useful to An Post. I wonder is the address listed like that to throw people off the scent?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Slim Slim is offline
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
That is a very odd address. I think Finglas would be more useful to An Post. I wonder is the address listed like that to throw people off the scent?
No, I think I omitted Finglas when I edited the post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:48 AM.