How long for Return on heating bills on Investment for Triple Glazing roof windows

meadow

I am replacing a ktchen roof which is partly tiled and partly polycarbonate and replacing it with a lean to style roof with 4 large velux/keylite windows (940 x 1600).

The kitchen already has 2 large double glazed windows and double glazed sliding door to garden and is north facing.

I understand there are obviously benefits of getting TG over DG but is it finacially worth getting triple glaze roof windows in this situation? My yearly heating bill in 2011 was for whole 3 bed semo houes was €907.

The difference in price between getting TG keylite windows and DG keylite windows is €1300.

Given I already have DG windows and doors in the house, is it worth investing the extra in TG for the roof ?

Anyone seen any case studies on how long it would take to get a return on investment of the TG windows over DG windows for a moderately cold (by European standards) Irish climate in an "average" 3 bed semi? I understand that there are lots of variables involved but just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this,

Thanks.

This previous thread might give you some advice. If you run the search option in this forum you may find others of interest.

Back