Advice pls on selling property in Turkey

Alana55

Hello people,

Hoping someone can help us here. My husband and I, after much deliberation have decided to go gung ho to try and sell our property in Turkey. I posted about it on an earlier thread here but its basically a one bedroom apartvilla in a 5* star resort called Goldcity in Alanya, Turkey.

We sold our 3 bed semi here in Galway a couple of years back and have been renting ever since but hope to buy later this year if we could and get settled in a permanent home with our three smallies.
Selling this property would put us in a better negotiating position and free up some much needed cash.

I know Turkey is actually quite a stable place to invest and the resort is top quality and also we are very realistic about the price so hope it will work out!

We are completely clueless about how to go about it though. We toyed with this idea last year and stupidly paid some 'Advertising' money up front (£250) to a company I see mentioned on this site a few times, but have not heard from them since! So we would really appreciate some direction about where to advertise and what agents to source (obviously one that has no upfront charge...)

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Slim,

Thanks so much for the reply. I took a look at that site you recommended and reckon its exactly the place I was looking for!

Much appreciated :)

Hello Slim,

Thanks so much for the reply. I took a look at that site you recommended and reckon its exactly the place I was looking for!

Much appreciated :)

You're welcome. Good luck with the sale. Spectacular location.

Hi Alana,

I'm in the same position as you re selling Goldcity property and have also paid £250 + Vat to a company that said they had good success selling properties in Turkey and Bulgaria. Likewise - great attention from them until I had paid the advertising fee and then impossible to contact them. If you'd like to contact me maybe we could share ideas / experiences with a view to getting our properties sold. I love my apartment and Goldcity complex but haven't been able to visit because my parnter is now incapacitated and unable to travel abroad.

Hi Furzy,

So we're both suckers! :)

I am in contact with an agent in Mahmutlar at the moment and the first viewing of our apartment for potential buyers is happening this afternoon so fingers crossed!

We just have a one-bedroomed apartvilla but it looks like we will have to take quite a loss to sell it.

I have learned alot in the process so far and I can certainly share this with you.

I don't see a facility to 'PM' someone (Private Message) - so not sure how best to contact you?

hi alana55. hope all went well with the sale in turkey. i would appreciate any advice. thanks.

Hi Furzy,

So we're both suckers! :)

I am in contact with an agent in Mahmutlar at the moment and the first viewing of our apartment for potential buyers is happening this afternoon so fingers crossed!

We just have a one-bedroomed apartvilla but it looks like we will have to take quite a loss to sell it.

I have learned alot in the process so far and I can certainly share this with you.

I don't see a facility to 'PM' someone (Private Message) - so not sure how best to contact you?
Hi there just wondering did u manage to sell your property

I would like to know the name of the agent you were dealing with if that's possible. I'm trying to sell in Turkey and while there are many agents it's difficult to find a good one.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just wondering if you were able to sell your apartment. I would really love to hear your experience. We are trying to sell in mahmutlar but have misplaced the tapu

Hi I'm Thinking of putting my 2 bedroom house in Goldcity up for sale ...just wondering did anyone fine a reputable agent and how did you find the process

Back