Euro Championships 2012

Great to think we will be in the draw on the 2nd December.
Some big games to look forward to next summer.

I got it Deise!
Although, swap Spain with Poland and it wouldn't be a bad group for Ireland.

So Poland and Ukraine are top seeds, as hosts.

The pool of second seeds included Germany, Italy. So you could have a group with top seeds Spain, with one of those 2 as second seed. Ditto for The Netherlands.

Though, as we know from experience, don't be surprised if the 'unbiased draw' leaves those strong second seeds in the groups topped by Poland and Ukraine ;) !

Yeah, Germany as a number two seed means they could be paired with Spain or Holland. That would be very tough.
Even though Poland are hosts I think I would prefer them as our top seeds.
I don't think Italy are as good as they were and wouldn't mind them as 2nd seeds.
Greece or Sweden would probably be best option as 3rd seeds.

Whatever way it goes, it will be difficult.

Whatever way it goes, it will be difficult.

Imagine being 4th seed in a group containing
1. Spain/The Netherlands
2. Germany/Italy
3. Portugal/Croatia

:eek:

versus

1. Poland/Ukraine
2. England/Russia
3. Greece/Sweden

:cool:

Well, the draw is only a couple of hours away.
I say there will be thousands of fans on the Ryanair website waiting to see the fixture list unfold.

Can't be many footie fans on this site, as not a single post since the draw was made.

Interesting draw for us. No chance of beating Spain imho, Croatia we could possibly beat and I would have no fear of Italy. They are fading badly over the last decade, have no real superstars like they always had in the past.

I think we might get 4pts. Maybe not good enough though.

have to beat croatia, get a draw with italy. hope the other teams cancel each other out and we sneak through

the flight prices are all 350 to 450, even for cities as far away as Berlin! and hotels at 135 a head, hostels at 115!!!
this could be 1 for the camper van

Camper van sounds a great idea

A good gang of ye and there is no messing around with hotels or hostels.

Pick up one cheap, abuse and drive it into the ground and sell it off afterwards

The distances involved can be vast though, wouldn't fancy a fifteen hour drive between cities

Back