Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > General Financial Issues > Health Insurance and healthcare costs

Old 19-09-2011, 01:37 PM
omkardolas

Default Maternity and Health Insurance

As per my knowledge Max Bupa Family Floater provides this kind of maternity insurance, some of the benefits are listed below:-
This insurance covers the maternity benefits up to 2 deliveries
The new born baby will be covered as an insured person from birth, where vaccination expenses are covered of the new born baby until the new born baby completes one year.
Nutrition & growth consulting and annual health checkups are also provided.
Cashless facility across network hospitals.

For more details please visit maxbupa.com
Old 19-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkardolas View Post
As per my knowledge Max Bupa Family Floater provides this kind of maternity insurance, some of the benefits are listed below:-
This insurance covers the maternity benefits up to 2 deliveries
The new born baby will be covered as an insured person from birth, where vaccination expenses are covered of the new born baby until the new born baby completes one year.
Nutrition & growth consulting and annual health checkups are also provided.
Cashless facility across network hospitals.

For more details please visit maxbupa.com

I don't understand.

You can have two pregnancies covered, but after that you are on your own?
Most insurers cover newborns from birth until policy renewal.
Vaccinations are free, what expenses are you talking about?
Nutrition, growth and other issues are covered under the public health nurse system (some places have regular checks, in others you only come in if you think there is a problem as the resources are stretched, but they are there) until your child starts school for free.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Frequent Poster

maxbupa is an Indian health insurer so unlikely to be relevant at all to readers of an Irish website...
Old 19-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Frequent Poster

Thanks Orka, figured it was something like that, but didn't recognise Max Bupa.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:28 AM
patsy32

Hi All,
I previously had health insurance with Quinn Family Care but unfortunately just couldnt afford this time so we let it lapse. We're now planning on starting a family & Iam beginning to panic that maybe I should renew even my cover at least! I already have to have 2 minor surgeries carried out regarding my fertility without mt insurance. Any idea which insurers offer the best packages regarding maternity cover, Any help would be great Thanks
Old 16-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Frequent Poster

It really depends on a number of factors, Aviva have the most benefits and more money to give back on benefits like a cleaner or money for the partner or the most amount of money towards Mount Carmel fees or home birth with Level 2 Family Health. However Quinn give the most back for IVF.

I think the main issue here is waiting periods.

It would appear that you have had a break in cover which means you will need to reserve your waiting periods.

You could try all 3 insurers to see what, if any, initial waiting periods they would be willing to waive - Quinn would probably be the best starting point as they have your records.

Maternity cover is going to be a year but be aware that there is a 5 year waiting period for pre existing conditions.

The reasons for the operations that you have already have would be pre existing conditions so one would need to be very careful that if you required ANY surgery in the next 5 years that you checked with consultant if they were pre existing conditions AND check with the insurer that the procedure would be paid for.

In the main, the maternity piece would require a 1 year waiting period from now.

Patrick