Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > General Financial Issues > Recommend advisors - solicitors, accountants etc.

Old 21-05-2011, 06:23 PM
New User

Default Solicitor in Louth (Dundalk area) to process land deal? & independent land surveyor.

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Louth (Dundalk area) to process a land deal ?

Also looking for a good land surveyor that is not linked directly to a auctioneers office.

I am new to the area and do not have any local contacts.

Thanks for any help u can provide.
Old 22-05-2011, 09:40 AM

If it's for a problematic transaction like this one, you need to choose a solicitor who has some experience with the problem. Don't choose one because they live nearby.

Brendan
Old 22-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Frequent Poster

I dealt with
Fiach McHugh

mckeevertaylor.ie

34/35 Laurence Street,
Drogheda,
Co. Louth
Phone - 041 9838639

he was very good for me. (I have nothing to do with the co.)
Old 22-05-2011, 02:39 PM
New User

Thanks Brendan - I can see where u are going with this, but this is a separate issue and a different transaction. The auction buy was unfortunately a "spur of the moment" action, here the monies involved are substantial and I am looking for some independent recommendations on a good local solicitor and surveyor who are knowledgeable in the area of agricultural land sales.

I am not from the area and have reviewed the listings, but from experience I know just picking one off a list is generally pot luck.