Advice about bank changing mortgage terms without proper notice/explanation

dvshah1974

Sir, i will like to know if anyone has this problem. My bank original offered me tracker rate however when I fixed my mortgage for 2 years they put a fine print and changed the rate to standard variable. If anyone knows such case and has been able to get anything done to force bank to give original tracker rate as per loan offer please let me know.

Sir, i will like to know if anyone has this problem. My bank original offered me tracker rate however when I fixed my mortgage for 2 years they put a fine print and changed the rate to standard variable. If anyone knows such case and has been able to get anything done to force bank to give original tracker rate as per loan offer please let me know.

one should always read the fine print - or more likely just all the print as it is normally all the same size in a facility letter. if it said standard variable, and you were expecting ECB tracker then you should have got that in writing. If you have nothing in writing, then you have no comeback just sour-grapes.

There was someone on here recently with a probably very similar to the OP. He is taking the case first via the bank procedures and then to the ombudsman.

Back