Rental Income Taxation Confusion

C

confusedtax

Hi, Ive been on internet trying to find information and just cant seem to find a straight forward answer so thought I would try on this. I am a teacher and therefore all my tax issues are sorted through the PAYE system and I have relevant credits in place which I amended myself through the PAYE online system.

However I began to rent out my apartment last year and now have to fill out a tax return for 2009. I have this account prepared but I am now wondering a few things, what form have I to fill this out in, I looked at form 12 but there seems to be so many sections in it that do not relate to me and if it is form 12 have I fill out anything about my wages from Dept of Education or is that seperate, I am also wondering if u can commplete this return online either?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Hi, Ive been on internet trying to find information and just cant seem to find a straight forward answer so thought I would try on this. I am a teacher and therefore all my tax issues are sorted through the PAYE system and I have relevant credits in place which I amended myself through the PAYE online system.

However I began to rent out my apartment last year and now have to fill out a tax return for 2009. I have this account prepared but I am now wondering a few things, what form have I to fill this out in, I looked at form 12 but there seems to be so many sections in it that do not relate to me and if it is form 12 have I fill out anything about my wages from Dept of Education or is that seperate, I am also wondering if u can commplete this return online either?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out![/Q

File paper form 12(cant be filed online)

Main items to include

P60 Information

Gross
Tax Deducted

Any income levy info

Also fill out rental income section

The form 12 when submitted overwrites any previous allownces you have been given so be carefull to reclaim all allowances that were previously given to you in the PAYE system. For instance your round sum expenses as a teacher, refuse charges paid for the prior year, trade union membership, medical costs (MED1). If you are jointly assessed you will also need to show details for your spouse. Good luck. I find that the tax office public office will be very helpful. Make sure you have everything with you if you visit them. Also ensure that if you are claiming a deduction for interest paid on a residential house let that you have complied with/registered with the PRTB.

Back