BOI set to raise interest rates

NorfBank

It is being reported that their standard variable rate is set to rise by 0.5% following similar moved by AIB and PTSB recently. EBS are expected to do the same.

[broken link removed]

EBS has also announced a .6% rise on the standard variable from 1st May :(

Are the EBS justified in doing this in the light of no ECB rise and their current status of being effectively on sale? As a member of EBS for 30 years this really angers me. I have watched on powerlessly as management have rewarded themselves with 100k plus basic salaries, arranged quiet golf junkets to the Algarve and similar for themselves and "special customers", transferred the running of long established branches to self-interested independent agents and transferring 900million of loans to NAMA. Their deposit rates have never been competitive. The same senior and mid-management teams are in place! The sooner the EBS is absorbed into another banking force the better.

Does anybody know what the increase to EBS 's fixed rates for new customers will be ? Ive looked on their website & it just has a press release regarding the standard variable. But I'm assuming the fixed rates will be affected too, I have final loan approval with them and have signed up for a 3 year fixed at 3.49% , But I'm thinking unless i drawdown before May 1st there'll be new rates .....

Back