Indian embassy Ireland - communication is not their strong point.

schmile

I applied for a visa by post 7 weeks ago today.
Today with just 5 days to travel I called them requesting an update on the yet unreceived visa.

It has been sitting there processed for 3 weeks ready to be collected.
They have not contacted me to say so and refuse to send it by post unless I send an envelope which there really is no time for. The only option is to drive Cork to Dublin and back today.

See their website

"The Visa application, in the prescribed Form, can be made in person at the Embassy or by post"

"For postal applications, the Embassy will intimate the applicant by e-mail when the passport is posted back. Postal dispatch would be at the applicant's risk; the Embassy will not accept any liability for loss/damage of passport in transit or of delays in the post."

No email, no receipt, no postal dispatch. They really do not paint a good picture for their country with this behaviour.

It's a pain , but they won't send it unless you included your stamped self addressed envelope.

I don't know about the tourist one , but the business visa application is very clear on the requirement.

It's a pain , but they won't send it unless you included your stamped self addressed envelope.

I don't know about the tourist one , but the business visa application is very clear on the requirement.

I actually checked that before hand, during the long wait and just now. No sign of it anywhere on the tourist visa.

Back